[Dixielandjazz] A Good Man is Hard to Find

Glen Page gpage at dccnet.com
Thu Sep 18 15:35:51 PDT 2008

Hello all,

This Summer I had the good fortune to visit the UK for a jazz festival and a
real ale festival. I was delighted to find that a singer I used to listen to
in the 50s was a surprised guest with the Savannah JB. She, Sheila Collier,
has a CD out on George Buck's GHB BCD 339 where she pays tribute to Bessie
with versions of 17 of her recorded songs. Sheila is backed for the most
part by Mart Rodger Manchester Jazz, an excellent group who I will be
hearing at the Vancouver Jazz Festival next week. She sings A Good Man....
on that disc. I have not had the opportunity to hear the disc but Sheila was
in fine form this Summer, there is a chance that she may be here in
Vancouver, she asked me for details and expressed an interest in coming but
I know that she was away until very recently and I have not heard back from
here.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Glen.