[Dixielandjazz] A Good Man is Hard to Find

Daniel Gaultney dgandmg2 at rose.net
Thu Sep 18 14:28:41 PDT 2008

I'm not certain it's the same tune, but Butch Stone sang "A Good Man
(nowadays) Is Hard to Find" with Les Brown. I have it on a late 50s or early
60s LP of his big hits re-recorded in high-fi/stereo.  I heard him sing it
live w/ Les Brown in 1977 or 78 in Waycross, GA. The first half of the show
was Les' hits & the second half a "Miller Tribute" w/ Ray Eberle & The
Modernaires. Butch Stone also sang some Tex Beneke vocals w/ the
Modernaires.