[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Reviews

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Sep 2 23:15:43 PDT 2008

Dan Augustine asked [in part]:
>   Mr. Calder, Mr. Haesler, and many others, what do you think? What
> do you aim for?  What is your audience (as you perceive it)? How
> much do you feel you should tone down your pronouncements?

Dear Dan,
I rarely write reviews and have never ever claimed to be a 'jazz
critic'.
Probably for the very reasons your questions will raise.
However, I have been a jazz record collector/discographer, researcher
and writer/historian since about 1949.
I am also a seasoned jazz LP and CD album note writer, and occasional
producer, for numerous record companies from the late 1950s.
Sorry, but I wouldn't even dare to buy into this one.
8>)
Very kind regards,
Bill.