[Dixielandjazz] John Wilder Concert Appearance with 80 piece Capitol Pops Concert Band

John Wilder JohnWilder at Comcast.net
Mon Sep 1 15:26:30 PDT 2008

Hi All!

Thanks so much to all who responded off-list to my little story about
working with Arthur Godfrey.  I really appreciate all of the wonderful
notes, although I don't always find time to reply individually.

Several of you have been asking to see me play banjo.  I was the featured
banjo soloist with the 80 piece Capitol Pops Concert Band last Thursday, and
we got a couple of video clips, which I posted on YouTube.  The links below
should take you to them.  If they don't work, you can just go to YouTube.com
and type, "John Wilder Banjo" in the search.  (The clip of "Semper Fidelis"
was just before the finale, so it had gotten dark, and they placed me in
front of the lights on stage.  I hope you don't mind seeing me in the
shadows!)

I hope you enjoy them!

Musically yours,

John Wilder

JohnWilder at Comcast.net

(916) 484-6150

John <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTbWmHwIOlM&feature=email>  Wilder
playing "Semper Fidelis" on Banjo

Here's a video of me playing "Semper Fidelis" on plectrum banjo, accompanied
by the 80 piece Capitol Pops Concert Band. I also orchestrated the parts for
the band to accompany me. This clip was from a concert in the park on August
28, 2008 which featured me as the guest artist.

John <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8upKX8XqIY&feature=email>  Wilder
playing "William Tell Overture" on Banjo

Here's a video of me playing the "William Tell Overture" on plectrum banjo,