[Dixielandjazz] Caribbean Jazz Cruise On Holland America

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Wed Oct 29 13:37:17 PDT 2008

Bob, Happy to hear I will finally get to meet you aboard!  I have  done, I
think seven, prior JazzSea Cruises.  I go both to listen, listen,  listen, and
to take my turn sitting in with Dick Williams Jammers.

So I will add a note that if you want to be a Jammer you need to get  that
written on your registration form to Carol when you book the  cruise.  All
Jammers take turns so you will not get to play every Jammers  set, but Dick does
double or triple up on instruments when we are playing  in a setting with
sufficient space.  Of course only one drummer, piano,  bass or tuba per set, so
sometimes those sets get split if there is an  over-abundance.  Dick will give you
a chance to play no matter your skill  level.  He will send a list of tunes
about a month before the cruise which  is why you need to make sure he gets
your name and email via Carol.   This year for the first time Dick is offering
two days of workshops  on Dixie style prior to the cruise.  These will occur in
the  hotel listed at the web site.  It does cost extra to book as a JazzSea
Passenger.  The extra costs covers transportation for the  pro bands.  I find
the "pot-luck" of the Jammers Sets a real  treat.  We always have an audience
of other Jammers and cruisers who want  to find out whether that set will
really rock or be one or more train  wrecks.

The web page for more info and reaching Carol Neuman is: _www.JazzSea.com_
(http://www.JazzSea.com)
Ginny

In a message dated 10/29/2008 2:42:13 P.M. Central Daylight Time,