[Dixielandjazz] UK Tours

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 02:13:57 PDT 2008

On 25/10/2008, David Richoux <tubaman at tubatoast.com> wrote:
> For the best Brass Bands you pretty much have to go to "The North" (around
> Yorkshire, mostly) - there are several good websites that list all the BB
> activity. Trad Jazz - try Liverpool and Edinburgh, but there are several
> other good places scattered about.

Don't forget Glasgow!

Wales isn't so bad - I've had no trouble at all there (and I'n not a
native speaker).  Yorkshire is worse, and so is Manchester.  Actually,
a Welsh landlady in a bed and breakfast place said to us in hre dining
room, where we had breakfast with other guests: "If you can't
understand them, don't worry; that's because they're from Yorksire."
Not to mention the Geordies.