[Dixielandjazz] (no subject)

knittelsportland at juno.com knittelsportland at juno.com
Tue Oct 14 10:18:25 PDT 2008

>From Harry Callahan at OKOM.com

Rick Knittel

Ever since I discovered that the song "Bad Boy" was written by Louis
Armstrong's second wife Lil Hardin, I have been trying to find out
whether Satchmo ever recorded it.

I have little doubt that he must have performed it at one time or another

but I have thus far been unable to determine where he actually recorded
it

I have the 50s hit recording by Clarence Palmer and the Jivebombers, also
a couple of other excellent renditions (Doug Sahm, formerly of the Sir
Douglas Quintet, and one by Buster Poindexter).

In researching the number, I find that it was also revived by Ringo Starr
in 1978, a version I could probably do without hearing.

So, if anyone has any helpful information, I'm open to it.

Thanx
HC
Music you grew up listening to
Or when we're done, you'll wish you grew up listening to
Listen to "Callaghan's Corner" on okom.com