[Dixielandjazz] Corollary to Top Ten Facts of Life for Playing in Clubs and Restaurants

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 12:11:01 PDT 2008

Ace?  A wizard!  His solos with Goodman were great, and listening to
him live was exhilarating!  I've never seen a trumpeter who got as red
in the face as John McLevy, but the sound!  Oh, that sound!  He was
outstanding despite the competition: Pee Wee Erwin ,Doc Cheatham,
Wallace Davenport, Clark Terry, Cootie Williams, etc. etc. etc.
Wow!