[Dixielandjazz] Anita's Back!

rahberry at comcast.net rahberry at comcast.net
Fri May 30 11:38:01 PDT 2008

DJML friends:
Anita Thomas, reed player extraordinaire, has relocated
from Australia to our East Coast.
Anita is also a bassist and vocalist.
She spent several years playing on our West Coast before
returning to Australia.  She played in Hal Smith's Hal's Angels,
among other bands, and at numerous festivals.
While here she  was a teacher at the San Diego jazz camp.
We are so lucky to have Anita back in the US.  I heard her at the
Sacramento Jazz Jubilee last weekend.  One of the sets she played
was a reed special set with Allan Vache and Jim Galloway.
It was just wonderful.
You lucky East Coasters!
  -- Rae Ann

--