[Dixielandjazz] New Wolverine Jazz Orchestra

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri May 30 13:30:53 PDT 2008

The New Wolverine Jazz Orchestra from Sydney Australia will be
performing for the Tri State Jazz Society in Delaware USA on August
3rd. Members include Geoff Powers, tp, cor, tb;  Adrian Cunningham,
reeds; Jim Elliott, tb, reeds; Peter Locke, piano; Harry Harman, Tuba,
Dbl Bass; Josh Duffee Drums.

Venue is The DuPont Country Club Patio, overlooking this beautiful
golf course. 2PM to 5:30 PM, Sunday August 3, off Rockland Road in
Wilmington DE. Info at: <www.tristatejazz.org> or call 302-762-3335

The next day, they play at the Bickford Theater, Route 510, Morristown
NJ from 8 to 9:30 PM. 973-971-3706

If you are in the area, don't miss them. Geoff and I traded CDs a few
years ago and he is an outstanding player, as is the entire band. And
he works actively with young people and school bands to keep the music
alive. No doubt Bill Haesler can tell you more about the New
Wolverines if you are interested.

As an aside to Bill, I am going to DuPont to see the first set, maybe
the 2nd, but then have to run for a gig at the Ocean City Music pier
in Atlantic City NJ. Got any words of wisdom to pass along to band
members from OZ? Or some off the wall OZ humor that I can surprise
them with?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.barbonestreet.com