[Dixielandjazz] Swinging Thursday Nights in West Chester

Barb Jordan jordan_barb at hotmail.com
Fri May 23 07:01:37 PDT 2008

Thanks Steve for the invite.

I live in Burlington Ontario (just west of Toronto) and so making it to the "swinging Thursday" event won't be possible this time.

I do get to travel a fair bit, so maybe one day I can hear your band.

I am off to Bermuda next week for 4 days. Do you know of any bands/venues there that play OKOM that I could check out?

Barbara Jordan

(vocalist dying to sing with a Dixieland/swing band)!> From: barbonestreet at earthlink.net> Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 15:07:04 -0400> Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Swinging Thursday Nights in West Chester> CC: Dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com; tradjazz at list.okom.com> To: jordan_barb at hotmail.com> > SAVE THE DATE: Thursday, June 5 6:30PM to 9:30 PM - West Chester PA > Street Festival> > Over the years, "Swinging Thursdays" has become a premier > entertainment event. On June 5, the legendary Barbone Street Jazz Band > will appear in concert from 6:30 to 9:30 PM on Gay Street, at the > Church Street intersection for your listening and dancing pleasure. > The music and dancing is FREE.> > We expect a large group of fans including some of the finest swing > dancers in the area. (This is our 5th swing dance event so far this > year)> > Gay Street will be closed to vehicles during our performance. The > restaurants and sidewalk cafes will be open should you wish to visit > some of the best eateries in Chester County.> > Barbone Street will be in rare form, with Mardi Gras beads for the > kids and anyone else who dances. We'll be playing a variety of Swing, > Dixieland and New Orleans Jazz.> > For a great night, come on out and join us.> > Cheers,> Steve Barbone> > www.barbonestreet.com> www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband> > > > > > > _______________________________________________> To unsubscribe or change your e-mail preferences for the Dixieland Jazz Mailing list, or to find the online archives, please visit:> > http://ml.islandnet.com/mailman/listinfo/dixielandjazz> > > > Dixielandjazz mailing list> Dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com