[Dixielandjazz] FW: Dixieland Tunes (What is called Dixieland)

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sun May 18 03:09:26 PDT 2008

>In short, the label "Dixie" described a style of playing and was associated
with an traditional repertoire.
Dan (Backup Piano) Spink

That's it, Dan!  That is what I tried to say by posting our press release.
I refer to our music with three different labels, and am referring to the
style played & a style represented by a (sort of) traditional repertoire.
Then, if that still gets a blank look, I say "you know...like Louie
Armstrong"!  That will usually clear things up for even the most
dull-minded!!

Jim