[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Tunes

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed May 14 17:36:11 PDT 2008

The other Dixie theories are taken from the term "Mason-Dixon Line"
or a New York slave owner named Dixy - see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixie  for more.

As for the music, it is now about as generic as "Rock" to most folks
- they could not explain what it is (or what it is not) but Dixieland
has become a catch-all for the people who don't care to specify "Pre
or Post WW2 Small Combo Polyphonic Improvised Jazz" (or whatever the
heck OKOM really is ;-)

Dave Richoux