[Dixielandjazz] A Question From Igor

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed May 14 06:17:00 PDT 2008

On my way home today, I heard what I consider the very best rendition
of 'Round Midnight," played by Sir. Charles Thompson on a Sacville
double album "Grand Piano" (the other pianists are Willie "The Lion"
and Claude Hopkins).  Usually, I don't like that tune - the only
boring number on a Monk Cd I have (the other half of the CD has Joe
Turner on poano).
Cheers