[Dixielandjazz] Thanksl for Advice re Jazz Club

Glen Page gpage at dccnet.com
Sun Mar 23 23:19:57 PDT 2008

Hi Robin,

Despite the numerous references running counter to this, on earlier topics,
I suggest that if you could only find one or two promising musicians who
would be willing to busk with you outside the local, or other promising
place, for half an hour or so on the odd occasion, the music would get some
exposure and perhaps a good old Australian hat might attract a few coins or
bills.

The Israeli "Minister of Jazz" who contributes fairly regularly to DJML
appears to have been successful with this approach in Israel. I do not have
his address but I'm sure that if anybody that  reads this and sees some
merit in the idea might supply the appropriate email address

Good luck,

Glen.