[Dixielandjazz] 2nd Short Question - actually 2 short questions...

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Tue Mar 18 06:51:00 PDT 2008

<<I use an MP3 player (Creative Zen Touch) when I work (Yes,  everybody wants
me to sound like a 20 piece band, so I'm stuck playing along  with records,
essentially...), and because I'm 62 with presbyopia (I need  reading
glasses...) I am continually putting on and taking off my glasses to  read
the small display, so I can pick out the next song to  play...

Does anybody have a solution???  I've thought about wearing  one contact for
magnification, but I'm afraid of headaches with two  different focal lengths.
I just wish there was a MP3 player that had a  bigger or adjustable display,
or an add on device that would attach to the  MP3 player to magnify the
display.  Any thoughts???

Thanks in  advance and, as always,
ALL the Best,

Steve Heist
Montreal, Canada  >>

Yea, use a laptop. I like that far better than an MP3 player for all kinds
of reasons.

1. It holds more songs.
2. You can see a ton of songs listed at any given time.
3. You can VERY quickly scroll through the list and click on any given  song.

I use a laptop for practice . . . much much easier than an MP3  player.

Yea, I realize it's a little larger carry, but it also has other  advantages.
You could use it to easily input new names to your fanbase mailing  list
right on the gig too.

Also, you can now get smaller laptops than ever before.

Finally, you could consider getting a new cell phone with a larger display.
Most advanced cell phones double as MP3 players, and some of those phones,
especially ones with texting keyboards, have larger displays.

Oh yea, one more option would be to buy a portable DVD player. They have
usually a 7 inch screen or so. You could burn all your MP3s on one DVD, and
there you have it.

Hope this helps!

Bill
414-777-0100
BillSargentBands.com

Just released:  "The Best Of Bill Sargent Bands - Volume 1"

Available at:  http://billsargentbands.com/recordings.htm