[Dixielandjazz] Downloading Jazz Videos to your hard drive

Graham Martin grahmartin at bigpond.com
Mon Mar 17 18:10:16 PDT 2008

Hi folks,

A couple of weeks back I recommended the use of VDownloader for searching, downloading and converting typical jazz video grabs such as those from YouTube, Google Video, Metacafe, MySpace, DailyMotion and many other similar sites and saving them in AVI or MPG format and others. Several people then contacted me and pointed out that their programs seemed no longer to be working. On checking, I found the same thing with my version 0.6 but was unable to download the newest version 0.7 due to a file missing on my computer. I also suspect that the first releases of version 0.7 had a couple of bugs. Whatever, it is now working fine for me on my non-Vista PC. I also find the conversion process is much faster.

VDownloader is freeware and this is where you get it:

http://www.vdownloader.es/index.html

There is also an 'X' version for adults coming out soon but I don't know what that is all about.

Oh, and you can extract the sound file and save as MP3 etc. Excellent!

Best,

Grah

Graham Martin
REDLAND BAY