[Dixielandjazz] BG's Boys (was Sextette from Hunger )

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Sat Mar 1 08:39:45 PST 2008

Chris and Bill;

My information about Bob Conselman's presence on "Wolverine Blues" and "A
Jazz Holiday" is based upon Tom Lord's discography, Russell Connor's "BG On
The Record" and the notes from the Classics CD Benny Goodman 1928-1931.
Since there is no evidence confirming Conselman's appearance or not, I'll
stay with him and place a question mark by his name. Benny also used
Conselman on other recordings leading me to believe that this usage may not
have been a fluke.

More on this recording, Tom Lord has Harry Goodman on bass and I hear a
tuba.

Can either of you explain the variations in the spellings of the disputed
drummer's name - Conselman, Conzelman, Conzelmann?

Stan
Stan Brager