[Dixielandjazz] Available for OKOM Work

John McClernan mcclernan1 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 25 16:27:15 PDT 2008

Jack,
In NJ, there is a definite (though undefined) line of demarcation for
musicians. We are either NJ/New York or NJ/Philly-A.C.
Which are you?
Cheers,
  John (NJ/Philly-A.C.)

On Jun 25, 2008, at 2:42 PM, J. D. Bryce wrote:

To All:

Dave "the Sheik" Littlefield suggested I write to the DJML to
announce my move to New Jersey and my availability for OKOM gigs in
the N.J. and Philadelphia areas.  I have a GPS, so finding locations
shouldn't be a problem.

I play clarinet, and soprano, alto, tenor, and bass saxes.  I
specialize in trad, swing, jump blues and 1950s R&B.  I'm a fairly
hot soloist, but you can judge for yourself.  The Sheik has clips on
my OKOM work on his website: www.americanmusiccaravan.com

In addition, the Sheik can vouch for my playing; if not for my
character. Sheik: a recommendation on the DJML would not be out of
order here.

I'm looking to hook up with other jazzmen in the New Jersey area for
jamming and for gigs.

Jack Bryce
(One of the Sheik's minions)