[Dixielandjazz] Available for OKOM Work

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Thu Jun 26 06:57:43 PDT 2008

Hi all. Jack Bryce and I have been playing together since the late 1980s,
in various formats (from 2-8 players) of my Sheiks of Dixie and my dance
band, the Sultans of Swing.

I unreservedly recommend him to anyone who needs a terrific reed man one
can build a band around.
He plays hot or pretty, in one-horn combos or full-sized bands. He knows a
lot of tunes, a lot of lyrics (he's a decent band vocalist), loads of
jokes (he's a good MC on stage and at wedding receptions).

He *sounds* good, especially on his various saxes--has better than average
tone. You can hear him on both the Sultans of Swing and Sheiks of Dixie
sound clips on my website
http://americanmusiccaravan.com
click on "Sound Clips".

I can vouch for his character--he IS a character. He's good company on a
gig, is honest, doesn't drink on gigs. He knows a lot about the history of
the music, instruments, US History.

He forgot to mention that he also plays C melody sax

I and my colleagues are really gonna miss him.

--Sheik