[Dixielandjazz] Austin Traditional Jazz Society All-Stars

Dave Stoddard dhs2 at peoplepc.com
Sun Jun 15 13:09:02 PDT 2008

Dear Listers:

Anyone in the Austin area next weekend is invited to attend a concert by the 2008 Austin Traditional Jazz Society All-Stars.  This will be on Sunday, June 22 from 2 to 5 pm at Cap City Comedy Club, 8120 Research Boulevard in Austin.  This year's All-Stars will feature three players from the Dallas area.  As always we welcome Bob Krenkel on reeds (clarinet, soprano saxophone and bass saxophone).  Bob has played all of the All-Star concerts to date.  He will be joined by superb stride and ragtime pianist Brian Holland and Bud Dresser on trombone, flugelbone and tuba.  Larmon Maddox will play cornet, Budge Mabry will play drums and I will play tuba.

This group duplicates our 2004 lineup, so this should be a nice, tight ensemble.  We are fortunate in having a fair amount of play-together time even with our out-of-towners.  Cap City is a very fine venue for a jazz concert.  I hope you can join us.

Regards,
Dave