[Dixielandjazz] "Audacity" question

Robert Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Sat Jun 7 04:44:58 PDT 2008

When I open Audacity, the first recording I make using "Line In" is inevitably too slow, usually just under 5% (about a semitone flat), so that this has to be adjusted. I normally use a tuning pipe to do this (first on the original source, then on Audacity playback). After this initial recording, all subsequent recordings are perfect. I do notice, however, that stated record times on the record labels are often in error, usually ± 2-3 seconds, but sometimes more.

Has anyone else experienced this? More to the point, has anyone a cure?

Just for the record, the recordings I'm making are transfers from my own records to MiniDisc for convenience at the studio when making my weekly jazz programme on local radio.

Cheers

Bob Smith

--
Jeg bruker gratisversjonen av SPAMfighter for privatbrukere.
 Den har fjernet 4643 søppelpostmeldinger til nå.