[Dixielandjazz] Tape to CD

Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com
Mon Jun 9 02:28:36 PDT 2008

Charlie Gehlbach wrote on 07/06/2008 06:05:51:

> I led a band in the early 1990's which recorded a cassette tape.
> While reorganizing my CD's and tapes today I found the tape and
> listened to it.
> I liked it so much I thought I would like to see if I could get the
> tape transferred to a CD.  Does anyone know someone who could take my
> cassette tape and convert it to a CD ??  And what it might cost ??

It's not that difficult to do it yourself. So long as you can get
a cassette player near your computer. You then have to connect
the line-out or headphone socket on your player to the line in
on your computer.

Then you can use something like Audacity (a free audio editing
program) to record the output of the cassette player.

There is an article about how to do it here :-

http://tinyurl.com/5b6pky

If you don't want to do it yourself, then a quick google
for something like convert tape to CD should give some
companies who will do the work. One here in the UK is :-

http://www.vinyltodigital.co.uk/index.htm

They will convert a tape for £11.50 (about $23)

Hope that helps

Andy Ling

--
This e-mail is intended for the named addressees only. Its contents may be
privileged or confidential and should be treated as such. If you are not