[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Jazz jubilee

Coastsidegiraffe at comcast.net Coastsidegiraffe at comcast.net
Sun Jun 1 17:31:39 PDT 2008

Bob,

Great as always to see everyone at the DJML FTF Bloody Mary Party!

I won't comment on most of the bands - everyone else is doing such a great job with their input.  It was a fun festival.  The Bill Richard's Two Beat Bombers set, of course, had very special meaning to so many of us.  And the absence of Bill Gunter was deeply felt.

Because I am biased, (oh really?)  I have to say that Bob Schulz' Frisco Jazz Band played some wonderful sets - the set they did at the Hard Rock Cafe (terrible venue!) with Pat Yankee was an absolute hoot and the audience loved it.

I was really looking forward to hearing the headliner Kermit Ruffins because I have some of his early CDs and had never heard him live.  What a major disappointment.  Sounded like a bad rock band in my opinion.

Karen
Pacifica, CA
From: "Robert S. Ringwald" <robert at ringwald.com>