[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Jazz Jubilee 2008

Thompson texasjazzlover at verizon.net
Sun Jun 1 13:01:11 PDT 2008

Jim and I have been home 5 days now and have somewhat returned to our normal
routine.  Having spent 6 days in Sacramento in the cool weather really
spoiled us not to mention all the good music we heard.

Some of HIGHLIGHTS of the Jubilee were:

            * Tribute to Bill Richards by his Two Beat Bombers and daughter
Terry Richards

            * The “New” Fulton Street Jazz Band

            * The All Star Set featuring Bob Draga, Jason Warner, Steve
Homan, Ron Jones and Lenny Pollacchi

            (PLEASE CAN WE HAVE THIS LINE UP AGAIN NEXT YEAR??!!)

            Jason wowed everyone at the Crest with his wonderful piano
playing.

            * The Bohém Ragtime Jazz Band – VERY INTERTAINING

            * Cell Block 7 and their special guest, and our friend, Jon
Stutler.  Jon played for many years with Tommy Loy in the Dallas area.

            *  Brea Skonberg with Blue Street, The New Orleans Ale Stars and
of course, Mighty Aphrodite

            * The NEXT Generation Jazz Bands... especially, the Dry Creek
Dixie Dawgs and Evolution.

            AND always!  Blue Street Jazz Band.

DOWNERS:

            * The loss of Bill Gunter and Bill Richards

            * The last performance of Buck Creek at Sacramento

The DJML Bloody Mary Party is always fun and I STRONGLY urge all DJMLers to
make an effort to attend next year.

Regards,

Rebecca Thompson

Flower Mound, TX