[Dixielandjazz] RE: Need Spanish translation of song t itles (Porteña Jazz Band)

doctordubious at verizon.net doctordubious at verizon.net
Thu Jul 31 19:52:17 PDT 2008

Craig Johnson wrote . . .

I'll have to listen to the track: "Blues Del Vagón Patrulla"

I just did a web search and found that Henry Red Allen recorded a tune
called "Patrol Wagon Blues" as did Carol Leigh. It was written by Porter
Grainger and recorded in the 1920's

I'll compare to that
Thank you very much Luis

Craig

[Tom]Can't find on RedHotJazz, but this could be what I know as "Roll the
Patrol" . . .

Oh won't you roll that patrol a little closer to the curb.
My grandmother can't quite step that high . . .  .

Regards,

Tom Duncan
Doctor Dubious and the Agnostics
PO Box 2118      Teaneck, NJ 07666
P   (201)836-6076     FAX   (201)833-4143
www.doctordubious.com