[Dixielandjazz] Another Woody Review

OArkas at aol.com OArkas at aol.com
Thu Jul 3 10:53:23 PDT 2008

I agree with you Steve!   I personally enjoy Woody's style!   Years ago, when
I heard he was playing this type of music and Albert clarinet, I was very
sceptical. But when I finally heard him play, I was okay with it.
Just one thought; some people who hear him hate his tone!!   Well, I play
Albert system clarinet (Greek music; we call it a "klarino"), and you would
probably hate the tone of our clarinet playing.   You know, just because it's
different, it doesn't make it bad!   Listen to the tone of the Albert clarinets on
those old, original Albert clarinets recorded in the teens and '20's and 30's.
  You might be surprised to hear that Woody Allen is certainly in the
ballpark, tonewise!
Anyway, he sure is keeping traditional music in the public eye, and I applaud
him.
Thanks for posting these Steve.
John
www.greekfolkmusicanddance.com