[Dixielandjazz] Jon Erik Kellso Gigs

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 1 20:02:43 PDT 2008

Jon Erik Kellso is playing up a storm. I posted this because if you
are in NYC when he is, you might drop by and see one of the finest
living trumpet/cornet OKOM players around. Hopefully, there will be
more NYC gigs for him.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Hiya folks--

This Sunday, July 6th, 8-11:00 pm at the Ear Inn
the EarRegulars will be comprised of me, Jon Kellso on trumpet, Harvey
Tibbs on trombone, Chris Flory on guitar, and Pat O'Leary on bass.
Certain to be another swingin' hang!

The Ear Inn is located at 326 Spring St., between Greenwich and
Washington streets,
way out west, almost to the West Side Highway, Manhattan, NYC, USA.
Great food, no cover friendly casual atmosphere, Victor the coolest
bartender, wait staff to match,
always a blast, guaranteed. Lotsa history to soak up, too, the joint
goes back to 1817!

NEWS FLASH:
Earlier that same day (Sunday, July 6th)  I'll be leading a quartet at
Bourbon Street, on Restaurant Row, Let the good times roll. 346 West
46th Street
212-245-2030  <contact at bourbonny.com> between 8th and 9th Avenues,
Noon to 4:00 pm brunch
with John Gill on banjo (and maybe vocals and guitar if he so
chooses), Kelly Friesen on bass, and a special mystery guest. You just
have to come to find out who.
This is a new place, and a new gig--if we make a good first impression
hopefully there'll be lots more gigs to be had there!
No cover, enjoy the New Orleans style grub,
or just sit at the bar and have a refreshing adult beverage.

I play Mondays steady (whenever possible--I'll be there July 7th and
14th, then August 11, 18, 25 after returning from Scotland) with Vince
Giordano's Nighthawks (11-piece band) at Sofia's Restaurant - Club
Cache' [downstairs]  at the Edison Hotel
221 West 46th Street (between Broadway & 8th Ave),  New York, New York
10036
Dinner & Dancing 3 Sets: 8:00pm - 11:00pm.  $15 cover + $15 food/drink
minimum.
Reservations: 212-719-5799

I'll be at Birdland this month on Wednesdays July 2nd, 9th, and 23rd
with
DAVID OSTWALD'S LOUIS ARMSTRONG CENTENNIAL BAND, a.k.a. David
Ostwald's Gully Low Jazz Band,from 5:30pm-7:15pm, Music Charge: $10
(don't whine--we play for the door there!).
The band is normally there every Wednesday, but won't be there July
16th or 30th.

Jon-Erik Kellso
www.kellsojazz.com
www.myspace.com/jonerikkellso