[Dixielandjazz] Not quite OKOM "Train Song" info request FOUND

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Mon Jan 28 12:14:40 PST 2008

Somehow a staffer at KFJC came up with the answer (search engines are
strange!)

DICK “TWO TON” BAKER & HIS MUSIC MAKERS:
Dick “Two Ton” Baker(p,vo)
1949
2521 What the engine done Merc.5281

full discography at: http://twotonbaker.com/2ton/pdfs/discography.pdf
- interesting guy with some OKOM connections

but this is the original version:
sheet music:
http://odin.indstate.edu/about/units/rbsc/kirk/PDFs/sm1911_what.pdf

TITLE: WHAT THE ENGINE DONE
ARTIST:
COMPOSER: Les Copeland
LYRICIST:  Les Copeland
PUBLISHER: Remick Music Corp.
COMMENTS: Originally copyrighted in 1911 : Jerome Remick & co.
Transferred in 1928 to Remick Music Corp.
Mentions the following he is trying to make connections with after
the engine left New Orleans.
Sante Fe, (Sunset Route).Old Red Light, M.K.T. ,Kansas Pass,
C.&A.,Old Wabash, Jersey Central Line, Nickel Plate, Pennsylvnia
Road,  Canon Ball,Missouri Pacific, Iron Mountain, Cotton Belt,
LeHigh Valley, Old Grand Trunk, Boston and Main

Dave Richoux