[Dixielandjazz] Night and Day

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jan 20 16:43:15 PST 2008

Bert Joss wrote:
> Listmates, I heard yesterday a rumour of a recording of Night and Day
> by
> Frank Sinatra in Disco style. A little off-topic, I realize, but can
> anyone, particularly Bill Haesler, confirm the rumour and give details?

Dear Bert,
Your fellow Canadian, Ric Giorgi, beat me to it.
So all that is left to do is give the session details I have on file:

Recorded for Reprise on 16th February 1977 in New York.
Frank Sinatra, ldr/vcl; 				Reprise 45: 1386
	Night And Day  (Cole Porter)
     	All Or Nothing At All  (Arthur Altman, Jack Lawrence) 	unissued
Frank Sinatra, ldr/vcl; Joe Beck, cond; Charles Calello, arr.
	Everybody Ought To Be In Love  (Paul Anka) 			Reprise 45: 1386
Note: The orchestral tracks were recorded the day before on 15th
February 1977.

Items from this session have probably been released on CD by now,
although I couldn't find them in a quick search.
They are certainly on a 20-CD set issued in Germany in 1995 - 'Frank
Sinatra. The Complete Reprise Studio Recordings' .
Kind regards,
Bill.