[Dixielandjazz] "Nice Work If You Can Get It"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jan 12 18:32:46 PST 2008

  dwlit at cpcug.org wrote:
........I replaced your verse with that done in my
> usual style (uses |||  /// codes to phrase the lyrics re the measures
> in
> the music), which is taken from "George Gershwin Fake Book".

Dear David,
Which is one of the reasons we are looking for a recorded version.
Your measures are a great help in this case.

> Fred Astaire recorded it, and I'd be surprised if he doesn't do the
> verse.
Bingo! He does. I should have thought of his version.

> I'd be much more surprised if Ella Fitzgerald didn't include it in her
> "George and Ira Gershwin Songbook" version.
Not on the Decca album "Ella Sings Gershwin". I don't have her'
Songbook" album.
Not mouldy enough for me.
8>)
> Pasadena Roof Orch in their CD "Here & now".
Nor that one.
I appreciate your help. As always
Kind regards,
Bill.