[Dixielandjazz] Save the Delta Queen: Urgent Call for Action

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Sat Jan 12 12:19:27 PST 2008

Dear friends of the Delta Queen,

Today I can not emphasis enough how  important your active support for
the Save the Delta Queen Campaign is right  now. It will be a tough
challenge to get the exemption for our beloved  steamboat and it will
not work without the support of ever single recipient  of this e-mail.
So please read on and see what you can (and should)  do.

When Congress returns to session on January 23, Rep. Steve  Chabot
will be putting on a major push for more co-sponsors for H.R.  3852
(the bill that is supposed to save the Delta Queen). We need you  to
contact your Representatives and ask them to sign on. We also need  you
to contact your Senators and ask them to introduce legislation  in
Senate as both, Senate and House have to pass the exemption for  the
Delta Queen.

NOW is a very good time to get Representatives and  Senators in their
district offices before they return to Washington. You can  call, write
letters, or - better yet - send faxes. These tend to get a lot  of
attention.

Much better, though, get several fellow supporters  together, call,
and make an appointment to meet with a staff member, such as  the
Communications Manager or the Legislative Director. They are  always
happy to meet with constituents. District office addresses, phone  and
fax numbers, and staff rosters appear on each member's web site.  If
you don't know the individual web sites, you can easily find it
through  www.house.gov <http://www.house.gov/>
and www.senate.gov.  <http://www.senate.gov/>
Simply googling any Senator or Representative  will also bring up
their web site.

If you want to get attention in a  Washington office, the best way is
to send a fax. Mail that is sent to  Congressional offices in
Washington takes several weeks to get through  security, and the volume
of email is overwhelming.

Please, also  encourage your Representatives and Senators to contact
Rep. Chabot or his  staff (either Todd Lindgren in the Cincinnati
office or Anna Rack in  Washington) for full details on the legislative
effort.

If you are  unsure about the facts and what to write to your
Representatives or want to  know which issues to stress when talking to
the politicians directly, please  let us know and we’ll be happy to
give you all the background information you  will need to be
successful.

If you like, have a look at  www.save-the-delta-queen.org - I have
just posted a full status report as of  where the campaign stands right
now and what the actual issues  are.

Thank you very much for your support!

The Save the Delta  Queen Campaign Team

Franz Neumeier  (franz.neumeier at steamboats.org)

You’ve received this newsletter either  because you’ve signed up
for it at save-the-delta-queen.org or because you’ve  signed the
online petition to save the Delta Queen at steamboats.org. If  you
don’t want to receive any further e-mails from us, please let us
know  and we’ll delete your e-mail address from our  record
immediately.