[Dixielandjazz] Creole Xmas at Preservation Hall - Creole not Dixieland

Tito Martino tmartino at terra.com.br
Mon Jan 7 10:22:44 PST 2008

Hi Nancy

glad to hear from you ! Accept please my best wishes for your 2008 !
OK I'm aware of that circunstance you're pointing at, but anyway probably
the only creole content there was some delicious appetizers and gumbos
and jambalayas served at table... :-)  ;-)
I wish was there !

Yes I know about Sarpilla and he's indeed a great Jazz player, in the
line of
Bob Wilber. I jammed with Wilber here in São Paulo in 1978 and played in
his curved soprano sax;
and cooked a jambalaya for him in my apartment in Bern/Swiss when I was
living there.
Great guy and a genius player.   Never heard about Jeff Beaumont.

Please take a look at      www.dailymotion.com/titomartino
you will see 10 videos very good recorded by public TV in São Paulo
during my last appearance with my former band the Traditional Jazz
Band.  Extensive clarinet and soprano playing, ready for the flak....

cheers

Tito