[Dixielandjazz] Saving You tube and other videos

John McClernan mcclernan1 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 29 09:08:13 PST 2008

Lowell, Dan, et al.,
Ok, I guess it's time to add my 2¢. I use Mac OS 10.4.11 also and I
reliably use Perian "the (free) Swiss Army knife for QuickTime".
Here's the URL:   http://www.perian.org
where you can download then install it. It will show up as a
Preference Pane. At their site are 2 short video tutorials, just
click on the tab that says "Watch". They are worth watching. All your
questions will be answered. It is super easy to use. You can choose
to leave the downloaded videos in their flash video format or have
QuickTime save them as a QuickTime movie (.mov). Here's the one
caveat:  you need QuickTime Pro, which is worth the $30. You will
find other uses for it anyway. Besides, Apple has given away non-pro
QuickTime for free for many years. Time to pony-up a little green for
their efforts, fella:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?
productLearnMore=D3380Z/A

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Enjoy your weekend
downloading video!
Cheers,
John