[Dixielandjazz] Saving You tube and other videos

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 28 13:24:33 PST 2008

Lowell--
     I have a Mac (OSX 10.4.11) and the latest version of Real Player
for the Mac, which is version 10.1.0, and nowhere does it even hint
that you can save a video that you're watching (or if it does, i'm
too stupid to find it, or its explanations are incredibly hermetic).
That's why i got Snapz Pro, which does that.
     I use Firefox, and as Andy Ling said, there appear to be some
extensions/plugins that allow you to download videos (but i've never
used any of them, and it's unclear to me if they apply to the Mac).
See https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:1/cat:38

     Dan

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**     "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid
**      than to open it and remove all doubt."  --  Mark Twain