[Dixielandjazz] Composer question for "Too Late"

Craig I. Johnson civanj at roadrunner.com
Wed Feb 27 16:04:35 PST 2008

Just did a lead sheet from the "Anderson Book"
of "Too Late" by Sam Lewis and Victor Young.
As frequently happens on these charts the citations are wrong.
Mildred Bailey recording is correct, but Bing Crosby is left out.
But the most egregious is listing King Oliver's recording --
which is really a different song written by Oliver and Dave Nelson.

My question:
Anderson also cites Woody Herman & His Woodchoppers Decca 4293
recorded in 1949 -- Can anyone tell me who the composers of
that song named "Too Late" - are? I can't find a record of it to
listen to.

Thanks,
Craig Johnson