[Dixielandjazz] Young musicians who read

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 04:40:32 PST 2008

The two youngest members of the Big Bear Stompers UK  (Graham Hughes
(tbn)and Ben Cummings (tpt)) are both in their early thirties.  They  read
and improvise brilliantly. We shall soon have a Cd of a live recording made
just before Christmas and as my part on it is minor I think it's OK to say
it's pretty damn good:-)  In the meantime you might like to listen to Ben's
solo on Melancholy Blues recorded live three years ago when he was still
just in his twenties.    http://tinyurl.com/2hwblk   If you care to listen
to any of the other tracks you might notice our well known American guest
who we were delighted to have with us for the occasion:-)

Incidentally everyone in the band can read music, the ensemble parts are
written for the front line but of course solos are improvised.

Jude

Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection
Aston, Oxfordshire