[Dixielandjazz] French Quarter Festival

Margaret Squires saxymargeaux at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 15 13:40:01 PST 2008

A contingent is coming from Modesto!  We'll be playing a set in the bar at our hotel and joining in a parade.

  Thanks to the generosity of Steve Goodson (Sax Gourmet) I won't have to haul a bari sax across the country!!!

  I'd be happy to receive any information you have, Sue.

  Margaret

loerchen2 at aol.com wrote:
  Hi everyone,

It's time to start making your plane reservations for French Quarter Fest -- New Orleans in April is usually a pretty nice place.? We're definitely open for business!

In addition to the great music and food, there willl also be the New Orleans International Music Colloquium.? This year, the topic is "Storyville:? Myth, Reality, and Music."? If you're interested, contact me off-list for the full program.?

Also, I'm making my debut as leader (and bass drummer) of the Audacity Brass Band, on Sunday of the festival.? :-)

Sue