[Dixielandjazz] iMac and MP3

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 8 21:12:59 PST 2008

Bill and DJML--
     I'm not at my best right now, having been celebrating various
events for the past (um) 7 hours with multiple refreshing beverages,
but here goes.
     All of your iTunes tracks are in the folder called Users on your
hard-drive (assuming you have Mac OSX).  In that folder is another
folder probably named after yourself (like "billhaesler").  Under it
are various folders like Desktop, Documents, Library, Movies, and
Music.  In the folder Music is iTunes folder, and in it (somewhere)
is the CD track you want to attach to an email document.
     What you do is to write your email-message, and then click on
whatever you do to send an attachment to it.  It will probably bring
up a window of folders on your hard drive asking you to specify where
the track is to attach.  Drill down to
Users/whatever-your-username-is/music/iTunes/the-correct-folder and
click on the track you want to attach, then click on OK (or whatever
it is).
     That's it.  I'm not sure i can write a better explanation when
sober, so good luck!

     Dan

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**             "O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet."
**                     -- St. Augustine (354-430)