[Dixielandjazz] iMac and MP3

Snogpitch snogpitch at prodigy.net
Fri Feb 8 21:08:16 PST 2008

Bill,

You didn't mention what email prg you were using, but we'll be generic in
that regard.  First of all, we'll need to look at iTunes and check a few
things.

First of all, go to your playlist and select the title of the song you want
to send.

Second, now go up to the menu at the top and select File > Get Info

Another window should pop up indicating the details of the song.  The first
tab is what you need to look at, so make sure the first tab is
selected...should be titled Summary

Third, look at where the file is located on your system.  This is listed
close to the bottom of the window that popped up.  Should be something like:
Where:  MY Computer:Users: and so on.

Is the last part of that string mp3? m4p?  If you imported the cd using mp3,
you are all set, otherwise you'll need to convert the file, or make sure the
person you are sending the file, can also read m4p.  Itunes is a free
download, so it shouldn't be a major issue, just something to be aware of.

Fourth, in your email program, use the attachment option of your message you
are writing and navigate to the file listed in the third step.

on 2/8/08 5:25 PM, Bill Haesler at bhaesler at bigpond.net.au wrote:

> Dear friends,
> ****Unless you have a Mac, please delete now.*****
>
> I have just downloaded a CD track into my iTunes playlist and want to
> send to a musician mate for research purposes.
> Now, how do I sent it as an email attachment?
> I can't find anything in my iMac 'help' books on how to forward it,
> other than burning to a disc and snail-mailing it!
> There has to be another way, as people send me MP3s all the time.
> Kind regards,
> Bill.

Snogpitch

snogpitch at prodigy.net