[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 62, Issue 10

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 5 20:20:40 PST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008, at 11:25 AM,Scott Anthony wrote: (polite snip)

> Steve, you really ought to get your facts straight and think a
> little bit
> before writing such know-it-all drivel.
>
> That's all I have to say, so response is not necessary.

Excuse me Scott, but a reply is necessary because what you accuse me
of is exactly what you have just done.

The most recent OKOM Jazz  cruise is the one I cited. Returned just
two weeks ago.  For your information, neither alcoholic drinks nor the
cruise staff tips were included in the band board. Plain and simple
fact that the musicians had to pay for them both. (After all, what is
a Lobster dinner without a nicely chilled bottle of white wine to
accompany it). So before you post about people "who ought to get their
facts straight"  you might start with yourself.

And that IMO is nickel and diming musicians who are already being had.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone