[Dixielandjazz] Okay -- no more "snow" tunes...pul-leeze!!!

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Sun Dec 21 21:09:00 PST 2008

Apologies to thread responders.
I seem to have started something my recent post about tunes with snowy
or wintry titles. It was fun at firest. But it proved the adage about
being careful what you ask for --- you just might get it. I got lots of
snow titles, and more than ample snow itself -- and as of today,since
starting the thread, have also received over 58 inches of snow - plus
blizzard winds today up to 45 MPH. Some here in Michigan are getting it
even worse.  They closed the Mackinac Bridge several times because of
the high winds and blowing snow.
Have been plowed here in my homeplace four times in just over two weeks
(at $25 a visit). We are predicted to be getting more snow and
sub-freezing weather over the next five days before any break in the
pattern.
What we get today New York and New England will get tomorrow, all of it
seeming to start in Washington State (blame the Uptown-Lowdown
troublemakers) and making a straight line to our Great Lakes and on east..
The snow piles left here by the plowing are so high I am considering
putting ski lifts on them and selling skiing and snowboard tickets.
Winds chill factors are in the minus -20--30 range (F.) and any brass
player outdoors that places lips to mouthpiece can expect to wear it
that way until the spring thaw arrives - usually about June 15. No
weather for brass monkeys, witches, or awell digger's posterior.
\Now -- please -- let's see how many sunshine, tropical island, warm
place titles you can suggest. At least a warm thought or two will be
received more enthusiastically by those of us in a state were HELL does
freeze over (a town in Livingston Co.) and now the whole damn state has
followed suit. Got it! Warm, warmer and hot-hot-hot!!
Ah, what the Hell -- Merry Christmas to all, and don't worry -- there
definitely will be a "White Christmas" whether most of us here-a-bouts
want it or not.
Don (at least our forests are not burning and we have no mud slides) Ingle