[Dixielandjazz] New Bohem Festival videos!

news at bohemragtime.com news at bohemragtime.com
Fri Aug 22 18:33:28 PDT 2008

Dear ragtime and jazz friends,

I made the following 4 videos recorded at the 17th Bohem Festival in
2008 (Kecskemet, Hungary) publicly available on YouTube. These are worth
to watch and to listen to, I think. Check out the 13-year old jazz
violinist Jonathan Russell, or the unbelievably virtuoso pianist Marian
Petrescu, the driving French boogie that makes you stomp at the computer
or the humorous and tasty rendition of the great Bratislava Hot
Serenaders, thus feel a little bit of the atmosphere of the Bohem
Festival.

Bohem Ragtime Jazz Band (Hungary) & Jonathan Russell (USA) - Caravan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewmHGggpjFE

Antti Sarpila Swing Band (Finland) - Bumblebee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1dHdyNqsj4

Paris Washboard (France) - Boogie Woogie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04LsllHUe6Y

Bratislava Hot Serenaders (Slovakia) - Broken Records:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwOljzBjX10

The entire evening concerts were recorded but they are NOT available for
sale. The recording is our only fundraising possibility for next year's
festival about which I will send out information shortly. We only send
the 90-min. (all music) DVD-selection of the 2008 Bohem Festival as a
present for those who help us and contribute to next year's Festival.
The event is organized by the Bohem Ragtime Jazz Band's Kecskemet Jazz
Foundation and is not only non-profit but faces a debt most every year
as organizing a jazz festival is not a good business in Hungary. We try
to do our best but since the financial conditions of the country
(sponsors and audience alike) are not very good, we are appreciating
even the tiniest help from any friendly source. In spite of the
difficulties we are trying to keep ragtime and jazz music alive in
Hungary and I think that we already have a very good audience that
fairly well understands and appreciates jazz. To help our work, please
contribute by sending the above links to your friends so more people
could see the clips. If you are eager to contribute more, you can do it
by sending us a donation of 125 USD (or 85 EUR or 65 GBP) through this
page:
http://festival.bohemragtime.com/english/tourist_payment.htm
Those who choose to help our work financially, too, will be listed in
the Festival's programbook (and on the web page) and will get the above
mentioned 90-min. DVD as a thank you gift. (Don't forget to include your
full name and mailing address in order to receive the DVD.)

This E-mail message is one of our (ir)regular messages we send out 8-12
times a year in average when something heppanes to our band or festival.
We just updated our mailing list and brushed two different lists into
one. Therefore you might receive this message to more than one of your
email accounts, maybe twice to the same address (although we carefully
tried to eliminate duplicates). If so, please, let us know which e-mail
addres you wish to use and which one(s) should be deleted. For
unsubscribing see P.S.

Thanks for your patience for reading this lengthy e-mail and hope to
meet you next year's Bohem Festival (March 27-29, 2009). Detailed
information about that festival will follow soon. Thenks again, best
regards,

Tamas Ittzes
the Bohem Festival's all-around worker

PS.: To unsubscribe from our rather rarely used E-mail list, send an
E-mail to the news at bohemragtime.com account with the word "Unsubscribe"
in the subject line.

Bohém Ragtime Jazz Band
Bohém Ragtime & Jazz Festival
Kecskemét Jazz Foundation
Address: H-6001 KECSKEMÉT, Pf. 652., Hungary
news at bohemragtime.com
www.bohemragtime.com