[Dixielandjazz] Louis Prima

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Fri Aug 22 20:32:54 PDT 2008

If anyone goes surfing for Prima CDs and comes across the Bear set, which
is the complete Capitols, Note that of the 8 CDs a couple are Keely and a
couple are entirely Butera and the Witnesses. I'm delighted with Keely
going solo, 'cause I love her voice.

The Butera tracks are virtually all *sappy* commercial rock 'n' roll
dreck. Mind you, I speak as one who likes Butera and "good" classic r'n'r,
so there's no prejudice on my part. The stuff is just dreadful!

Bill, ya gotta admit Louis did record a fair number of OKOM tunes, albeit
in his own style...

--Sheik