[Dixielandjazz] Too Fat Polka

Bruce Stangeland stangeland at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 22 19:18:04 PDT 2008

Brian,

Here are some of the lyrics from the tune you're trying to identify.
It is called:

"Too Fat Polka"
by Ross MacLean & Arthur Richardson, 1947

"Here's a sil-ly dit-ty, you can sing it right a-way.
Now here is what you say, so sing it while you may.
Here's the words.
That's all you need, 'cause I just sang the tune.

Oh! I don't want her, you can have her, she's too fat for me.
She's too fat for me. She's too fat for me.
I don't want her, you can have her. Please do that for me.
She's too fat! She's too fat! She's too fat for me. "

Cheers,
Bruce Stangeland
Berle;ey banjoist

Message: 12