[Dixielandjazz] Speaking of Jazz Violin

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 19 13:56:13 PDT 2008

> "Bob Romans" <cellblk7 at comcast.net>wrote "Speaking of Jazz Violin"
> and then gave us a you tube of what I hear, is a classical player.
>
> She's Hungarian, and beautiful too!
> Inspired by Grappeill

List mates;

If you want to hear a GREAT Jazz Violinist hear Regina Carter and some
wonderful bent blue notes on "Lady Be Good"  with Ray Brown back in
2001 at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FReGLY2lLuY&feature=related

Or for Latin Jazz, hear on  "Tico Tico" with the Louis Nash quintet at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djegYF3y7tk&feature=related

Now, that's jazz.

She'll be at the Mt Gretna Playhouse in Mt Gretna PA, with her quintet
on August 30.

BTW, two years ago she invited Jonathan Russell to her Jazz Master
Class Workshop at Lincoln Center which I believe made him the youngest
jazz musician ever to be at a such a class there.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband