[Dixielandjazz] Speaking of Jazz Violin

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 12:51:07 PDT 2008

There is a small problem with Regina Carter - she sounds the same all
the time, at least - used to.
I watched a concert by Regina Carter on Mezzo.  The first two numbers
sounded great - and all the others sounded the same, so after some 20
minutes I was bored to death!
I have at least 30 hours of Grapelly, lots of Venuti and Stuff Smith,
and have seen the Jonathan Russell videos - and they don't give that
impression.
Cheers