[Dixielandjazz] (no subject)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Apr 25 16:00:14 PDT 2008

Dear friends,
I sent this one out 23 hours ago.
My DJML copy hasn't appeared yet, so here it is again.
Apologies if yours got through OK.
Just wondering where the last one went.
I also wanted the interesting piano roll link to get through.
Kind regards,
Bill.

Repeated message:
John Jamieson immediately replied off-list (as below) to my query
regarding who played on the piano roll version of "Yes Sir, That's My
Baby".
I hope John doesn't mind me posting his reply to our list for it
contains a link to an extremely interesting (and unknown to me) group
of enthusiasts who are preserving the music on now-fragile piano rolls.
Absolutely fascinating and worth a look.
This aspect of our music is apparently in very safe hands.

> Don't know, the piano roll is a "l'Edition Musicale Perforée"  # 9226,
> it didn't give the name of the performer, it was scanned by Terry
> Smythe http://members.shaw.ca/smythe/rebirth.htm

Kind regards,
Bill.