[Dixielandjazz] List of Jazz Festivals

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 26 02:20:25 PDT 2008

I've been writing for allaboutjazz.com for some time,
with a recent break due to illness, and since I
started a project of the site has always been to have
as complete a listing of jazz festivals as possible.
The task of completing any such list is probably
impossible, but compiling a fuller and yet fuller one
is a worthy ambition, requiring of course a lot of
collaboration. Somebody who has the time should be
able to look there and indicate to members of this
group the sort of info that is there, and what info
could be added to what there may be already.
Of course if any other site has similar ambitions
these should be encouraged.  Local writers or indeed
visitors can see about sending info, the main
objective being not so much a collation on one site as
a provision on the web generally, of the sort of info
people ask for on this site. So that by googling terms
like Bermuda and bebop, Kirkcudbright and Classic and
Jazz, meaningful info might emerge, easily.
The number of interesting gigs I have missed though in
for instance London is a little depressing in
retrospect, all from the lack of data.