[Dixielandjazz] Jubilee Pre-Events

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue Apr 22 15:29:02 PDT 2008

For those of you coming in early for the 35th annual Sacramento Jazz Jubilee
May 23-26, here are some pre-Jubilee concerts.

But first, don't forget the DJML Bloody Mary Party F2F, Friday morning May
23, Delta King River Boat, permentantly moored in Old Sacramento.

>From the Sacramento Bee

May 20, noon-2 p.m.: The Creole Bells (Australia) toll at the Westfield
Downtown Center
Plaza.
Free.

May 21, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Bohem Ragtime Jazz Band (Hungary) appears at the
Sacramento
Public Library, 828 I St.  Free.

May 21, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Creole Bells perform at the Golden 1 Credit Union,
801 O St. Free.

May 21, 8-11 p.m.: Trombone Shorty, a rising star in New Orleans jazz and
R&B, appears with his band, Orleans Avenue, at Marilyn's on K Street, 908 K
St. $15.

May 22, noon-2 p.m.: The Catsnjammer Jazz Band plays at the Westfield
Downtown Center Plaza. Free.

May 22, 7-10 p.m.: The Evolution Jazz Band, Jazzin' Jacks and the Bohem
Ragtime Jazz Band share the stage at the Jubilee Kickoff Party at Freeway
Gardens in Old
Sacramento.
Free.

For more information about the Sacramento Jazz Jubilee and the pre-Jubilee
events:
(916) 372-5277,
www.sacjazz.com

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band

Hear our new CD at:
www.fultonstreetjazz.com/music.htm

"I couldn't wait for success... so I went ahead without it."
--Jonathan Winters